Ghosts and hauntings in Vermont? You decide…
If you’re really bold, spend a night at a haunted Vermont inn or hotel. If you’re spending the night alone, maybe you’ll appreciate the company (or perhaps not). These are just a few of the many stories that are familiar throughout Vermont.
Some are almost classic, while others are a bit more obscure. Also, be sure to join our “Haunted Vermont? Ghosts, Myths, Folklore and Legends” Facebook group for all the latest news and info.
If you like reading about Vermont ghost stories, hauntings and other oddities take a look at our book, Vermont Haunted History. If you’re a “ghost hunter”, we’ve got you covered with a book that you can use called the Haunted Vermont Notebook & Journal.
Ghost Stories and Haunted Places in Vermont
- The Famous Emily’s Bridge Ghost Story
- Ghost of a Lost Mt Mansfield Hiker
- Governor Grout House—Politicians, Soldiers, and Ghosts
- University of Vermont Ghosts
- The Haunted Railroad Bridge
- Ghostly Movie Theater St Albans, Vermont
- Stowe Vermont’s Tap Dancing Ghost
- High Spirits at the Highgate Manor Inn
- Most Haunted St Michael’s College
- Jonathan Wheelock’s Farmhouse
- Goddard College’s Musical Ghost
- Curse of the Hayden House. Ghosts or Nonsense?
- Bennington’s Southern Vermont College
Lake Bomoseen’s Ghostly Rowboat
- The “Bennington Triangle”
- Shelburne Museum’s Resident Ghosts
- The Equinox Ghost Story, Manchester, VT
- The Ghosts of Norwich Inn
- Party Ghosts at the Brass Lantern Inn?
- Wake Robin of Shelburne
- Vampires in Woodstock, Vermont
- Burlington Restaurant Spirits of the Ghostly Kind
- Captain Morey’s Moonlight Haunting
- Old Stagecoach Inn’s Ghostly Guests
- The Bowman Monument of Cuttingsville, VT
- Resident Ghost Lora, the Resident Ghost of the Back Inn Time
- The Dedicated Dead Workers of Barre, VT
- Ghosts still visit the Cahoon Farm in Lyndon
- Brattleboro Hauntings