- There aren’t many real, native Vermonters living there.
- People from the Northeast Kingdom vacation “way down” in Burlington.
- Ethan Allen’s monument is here but he was a flatlander.
- Because Phish’s last concert was in Coventry.
- There are no holsteins or chainsaws anywhere to be seen.
- People from Burlington think the “Logger” is what a real Vermonter would be like.
- Burlington folk drink pricy bottled water. Real Vermonters get there’s free…from the tap!
- The Queen City has the highest per capita weirdo count in the state.
- No real Vermont town would vote for a mayor that wants to turn their town into a sanctuary for criminals.
- McDonald’s closed and left downtown Burlington. McDonalds never leaves anywhere (except Stowe, which ain’t really Vermont either!).
The following two tabs change content below.
Vermonter.com was started back in the mid 1990's as a Vermont resource guide. Since then it has evolved into more of a quirky historical and unusual chronicle of off beat Vermont folklore, myths and legends. It's easy to create a Vermont resource but damn hard to corral all the "good stuff" in one place. But hey, I'm having fun! This website is best enjoyed on a dark, rainy day with a cup of coffee and a loyal dog (or cat) asleep at your feet. So enjoy and have fun. "There be WEIRD stuff here!" Comment below, if you dare!
Latest posts by Vermonter (see all)
- Celebrate Newport, Vermont’s Centennial and Grab a Great Book! - June 28, 2018
- Are Stowe Mountain and Jay Peak Resorts Really Better Than Before? - December 21, 2017
- End of Vermont’s Fair Season Beckons the Return of Autumn - September 11, 2017