Vermont has some pretty old and idiotic laws but my personal favorite is the last one on the list. Here we go:
- Women must get permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
- It’s illegal to deny the existence of God.
- It was once illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole.
- Delivery men must walk backwards in driveways of homes worth more than $500,000
- It is not legal to whistle underwater.
- Doves must not be kept in the freezer.
- It is not legal to paint landscapes during times of war.
- It is illegal to give a baby a “comforter”.
- In Rutland, cars are forbidden from backfiring.
- It is illegal for vagrants to obtain food by force.
- It is not legal to use colored margarine in restaurants unless the menu indicates it is permitted in 2 inch high lettering.
- In the town of Barre, all residents must bathe every Saturday night.
Latest posts by Vermonter (see all)
- Vermont Photography to Amaze and Delight People of All Ages - March 13, 2020
- Ready to Brew Your Own Beer Vermont Style? - March 10, 2020
- Your Vermont Wedding Planner – A Checklist, Organizer & Much More! - March 7, 2020