Vermont has some pretty old and idiotic laws but my personal favorite is the last one on the list. But as they say, “the law is the law”. Here we go:
- Women must get permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
- It’s illegal to deny the existence of God.
- It was once illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole.
- Delivery men must walk backwards in driveways of homes worth more than $500,000
- It is not legal to whistle underwater.
- It is illegal to paint a horse in Vermont.
- Women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
- Doves must not be kept in the freezer.
- It is not legal to paint landscapes during times of war.
- It is illegal to give a baby a “comforter”.
- In Rutland, cars are forbidden from backfiring.
- It is illegal for vagrants to obtain food by force.
- It is not legal to use colored margarine in restaurants unless the menu indicates it is permitted in 2 inch high lettering.
- In the town of Barre, all residents must bathe every Saturday night.
But to be fair, EVERY state has some pretty ridiculous laws so check out the video below for more craziness.
Latest posts by Vermonter (see all)
- Enjoy A Fascinating Lake Memphremagog Cruise on the Northern Star - May 14, 2021
- Discover the Beautiful Champlain Islands - April 15, 2021
- Spring Comes to Vermont With Hopes For a Better Year - April 9, 2021