Vermont is one of the most popular tourist destinations in America. The state has many beautiful scenic places to visit in most any season.
The Vermont Fall foliage season typically starts in early October and runs through mid-December. Over this time, the leaves change from green to yellow, orange and red, creating a beautiful display of color.
The best time to visit northeastern Vermont is in late October or November when the leaves are at peak fall colors.
The most popular places for leaf peeping include Stowe, Montpelier and Burlington. You can also take an autumn drive through the Northeast Kingdom and enjoy the changing colors of trees along the way.
Winter in Vermont can be very cold and snowy.
The average temperature ranges from -5 to 15 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 to -10 degrees Celsius). For tourists, the best time to visit Vermont is when there are not too many snowstorms, so you can enjoy the beauty of the state when it’s covered with white snow.
Winter is the perfect season for Vermont. You can do many activities such as skiing, snowmobiling and hiking. There are many beautiful spots in Vermont that make the perfect spots for these activities like Smugglers’ Notch Resort and Mount Mansfield State Park. The best time to hike, ski, snowmobile and enjoy a sleigh ride is winter.
When visiting Vermont in winter, you should try some of our famous dishes like maple syrup pie or maple cream cheese cake.
Christmas is coming but it might be tough to find what you want. I came across this really nice offer for 50% off personalized Christmas gifts, etc.
Things to do and see:
- Vermonters know the best places to go when the leaves start to change color in late autumn and winter. Don’t be afraid to ask.
- Here are a few things you can do in Vermont in the Fall and Winter that you may not have tried before:
- Visit a pumpkin patch, an apple orchard, or pick-your-own farm.
- Go for a hike in one of Vermont’s hundreds of state parks.
- Check out your local farmer’s market for fresh produce before winter hits.
- Take a scenic drive through beautiful New England hillsides.
Latest posts by Vermonter (see all)
- What’s So Awesome About the Sleepy Hollow Vermont Farm? - November 15, 2021
- Any Love For The New Soulmates 2021 Movie Filmed in Vermont? - November 13, 2021
- So Long Autumn and Welcome to “Stick Season” in Vermont - November 10, 2021