You can find plenty of ghosts haunting the Green Mountains of Vermont.
If you’re really bold, spend a night at a haunted Vermont inn or hotel. If you’re spending the night alone, maybe you’ll appreciate the company (or perhaps not). These are just a few of the many stories that are familiar throughout Vermont. Some are almost classic, while others are a bit more obscure. Enjoy!
Ghosts and Haunted Places in Vermont
- The Famous Emily’s Bridge Ghost Story
- Ghost of a Lost Mt Mansfield Hiker
- Governor Grout House—Politicians, Soldiers, and Ghosts
- University of Vermont Ghosts
- A Mad Cow Haunting
- The Haunted Railroad Bridge
- Ghostly Movie Theater St Albans, Vermont
- Stowe Vermont’s Tap Dancing Ghost
- High Spirits at the Highgate Manor Inn
- Most Haunted St Michael’s College
- Jonathan Wheelock’s Farmhouse
- Goddard College’s Musical Ghost
- Curse of the Hayden House. Ghosts or Nonsense?
- Bennington’s Southern Vermont College
- Lake Bomoseen’s Ghostly Rowboat
- The “Bennington Triangle”
- Shelburne Museum’s Resident Ghosts
- The Equinox Ghost Story, Manchester, VT
- The Ghosts of Norwich Inn
- Party Ghosts at the Brass Lantern Inn?
- Wake Robin of Shelburne
- Vampires in Woodstock, Vermont
- Burlington Restaurant Spirits of the Ghostly Kind
- Captain Morey’s Moonlight Haunting
- Old Stagecoach Inn’s Ghostly Guests
- A Haunting in Chester, VT Debunked?
- The Bowman Monument of Cuttingsville, VT
- Resident Ghost Lora, the Resident Ghost of the Back Inn Time
- The Dedicated Dead Workers of Barre, VT
- Ghosts still visit the Cahoon Farm in Lyndon
- Brattleboro Hauntings
Latest posts by Vermonter (see all)
- Fantastic Works of Art from the Adirondacks of New York - May 12, 2017
- The Recipe Box: Memory Is Its Own Kind of Fiction - December 13, 2016
- Get a Special Halloween Treat with Vermont’s Haunted History - October 27, 2016